Tuesday, March 30, 2010

VELLEITY

March 22, 2010

Velleity
\ve-‘le-e-te\ n 1: the lowest degree of volition 2: a slight wish or tendency : inclination*

I speak about plans for my future; to friends, family, people I don’t even know well. However perhaps the mentality I employ is, if I vocalize my dreams, they will just magically come true. Call it what you will- idealism, naivete, or maybe just plain laziness.
There is nothing I want more than to succeed; whether that be through getting yet another higher education degree, starting a better job, or moving into my first apartment. Possibly because I do not act upon these desires, yet just recite them, they could be considered just mere velleities-seeds of hope and aspiration that have no chance of growing if not nurtured diligently.

*first and third letter “e” is upside down creating sound of “uh”

No comments: