Monday, March 8, 2010

ILK

March 7, 2010

Ilk
\’ilk\ n : sort or kind

I am searching for a place to belong, a company that wants my talent instead of my counterpart’s, a man who wants my brain instead of my looks, eventually a family who wants my love and support instead of just my income. I am looking for a place to call my own, to nurture it and let it grow on its own while allowing others to contribute to its growth. I am waiting patiently to come across that inevitable “in,” to become established while still being able to remember my roots.
While I search for a place to belong, I want to avoid becoming trapped and labeled as a member of an ilk that is no longer recognized by the future generations; that has faded and is no longer useful…

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think we are all looking for our ilk.

Kate said...

I'm more looking for my niche...wanting to find a place to belong, but to remain independent and to stand out...

thanks for reading!