Monday, March 8, 2010

CRAPULOUS

March 6, 2010

Crapulous
\’kra-pye-les\ adj 1: marked by intemperance especially in eating or drinking 2: sick from excessive indulgence in liquor*

Drinking has never really been a main staple in my life. I like the occasional social drink here and there but to have a crapulous interest in exhibiting topsy-turvy behavior due to repeated intoxication is definitely not my idea of a good time.
There were many kids when in college that drank excessively and that had a good time doing it. Their actions could’ve been a result of many reasons; finding themselves in an environment in which they could finally let loose not fearing being severely grounded by their parents, trying to forget a problem whether it be a break-up, a bad grade or a roommate situation, or it could be just due to the fact that they like to get drunk for absolutely no reason at all.
Whatever reason it be, I knew I hated sitting next to the kid who was so hung-over that a shower was not a possibility therefore reeking sweat and booze. I remember thinking to myself, what’s fun about that??

*letter “e” is upside down producing sound of “uh”

No comments: