Thursday, March 18, 2010

UBIQUITOUS

March 17, 2010

Ubiquitous
\yü-‘bi-kwe-tes\ adj : existing or being everywhere at the same time : constantly encountered : widespread*

I have always loved the color green. There is no set reason as to why this color makes me happy; it just does. Today, in honor of St. Patrick’s Day, there were ubiquitous articles of clothing sporting this awesome color.
While at work, I smiled at the little children coming in, getting ready for dance class, being allowed to wear their green sweaters and leg warmers. I complimented a young boy on his t-shirt with a green tie printed on it. I tried to sound grateful and not horrified when a mother offered me her green polka-dotted scarf to wear because she noticed, as did I (for the first time all day) that green was not a color that had been a choice in my wardrobe selection that morning…let’s just say my cheeks were not green (as that would have been a sure sign of illness), but a rosy red from having my fashion faux pas be so blatantly noticed.

*letter “e” is upside down creating sound of “uh”

No comments: