Tuesday, March 30, 2010

PREDIAL

March 27, 2010

Predial
\’pre-de-el\ adj : of or relating to land or its products*

I have always loved the idea of a home surrounded by a large amount of land, somewhat ensconced among wheat fields and only a short distance from a body of water. I love hearing the sounds of nature and knowing that when I am in my home, I am at peace.
My cousin’s house on the island of Barbados epitomizes a predial domain. It is encased by wide gaping acres of land, and is a great playground for her dogs. The house itself is bright red with blue shutters and upon entering, her guest is in awe at each room’s different color. There are usually warm and welcoming smells coming from the kitchen or ice clinking in a glass at their built in bar. Outside, fresh mangos are ripe for the picking and the gravel in the driveway lets her know someone has arrived.
The beauty of this home is astounding and relaxes one the moment he or she steps foot on the property.

*third letter “e” is upside down creating sound of “uh”

No comments: