Thursday, April 8, 2010

NODUS

April 7, 2010

Nodus
\’no-des\ n : a complication or difficulty*

Reading has always been an enjoyable activity for me, never one that was filled with strife, relatively relaxing (unless it was for a school assignment) and an excellent form of escape. However, there are always those one or two (or three) books that are the antithesis of beneficial reading. I must say I am now enduring one of those problematical pieces.
For the past two months, I have been reading a fictional piece that has represented itself as worthy to read. Whether that be attributed to the author or the fact that “New York Times Bestseller” is scrawled along the top, I perhaps will never know, however I do recognize that perhaps the inscrutable plot with the just as enigmatic characters has made this particular book an incredible arduous task to complete. My nodus associated with getting absorbed by the novel has inhibited my ability to properly review it when it is finally finished, leaving my captive audience disappointed…ok who am I kidding, no one reads my damn blog…anyway I digress…
I love to read and be mystified by what might or might not happen next. However, anticipating the next move of the protagonist or swooning over the gorgeous villain even though he’s evil and will cut you up and serve you to your mother, varies greatly to a book that is so drenched in details that the main focus is lost – reaching an ending!!

*letter “e” is upside down creating sound of “uh”

No comments: