Saturday, April 24, 2010

LUFTMENSCH

April 15, 2010

Luftmensch
\’luft-‘mensh\ n : an impractical contemplative person having no definite business or income

I would never want to be labeled a luftmensch, especially at this point in my life. I work hard, I earn money that could be a lot more yet is just enough to pay my bills and I rarely live life on the wild side so if I want to dream, dammit I will dream. I have never relied on my parents or others for money while I sit and daydream about things that have the potential of never happening; I am in fact the opposite, many people have instead labeled me a pessismist. Yet, I still think about creating a better life for myself in the future and for my family through my dreams…I am jolted back to reality by a kid screaming in the waiting area…

No comments: