Saturday, April 24, 2010

ATTITUDINIZE

April 14, 2010

Attitudinize
\’a-te-‘tü-de-‘niz\ v : to assume an affected mental attitude : pose*

I have often been told that I am not a good liar and that my emotions can be read clearly all over my face. I believe that may indeed be true to a certain extent. I am often found attitudinizing my thoughts as they cross my mind, a habit that has often gotten me into trouble. In college, I came across many individuals who thought their advice was the best advice and to take anyone else’s would be foolish. I knew that to listen to people’s opinions was a smart action, however there was a always a situation when I knew that to not listen to my gut would be just as foolish.
I managed to get through my four years at La Salle without any major damaged relationships yet I had weeded out those people whom were full of it (to say the least) from my life. A year later, I was invited to an annual event that I had been responsible for in college and when coming across one individual whom I had not favored, had no qualms about showing that I was less than thrilled to be in her company once again. I was told to “fix my face,” yet the emotion acted as though it were frozen on my features. I half smiled (that was as good as it was going to get) and headed straight for the wine.

*letters “e” are upside down creating sounds of “uh”

No comments: