Sunday, April 4, 2010

GUERDON

April 1, 2010

Guerdon
\’ger-den\ n : a reward or recompense*

Many writers struggle; to keep the ideas brewing while trying to get them accepted by publishers and the general public is a task with which writers are very familiar. I have often considered myself a writer and have realized that to harness my passion is a gift in itself and will enable me to develop my talent more deeply as time goes on.
Perhaps every writer’s dream is to become published; whether it be self-publication or through the ever elusive “agent.” To some the process of getting one’s work out to his or her audience defines him or her as an author; to others, it is just a means to an end. For this particular writer, the main guerdon would be that specific moment when I lay my eyes upon my work in print. It would be that moment that would define me and my hard effort in perfecting my craft; putting in many hard hours/days/months of writing, doing research, dealing with rejection after rejection. For me, it will be that moment…

*letters “e” are upside down creating sound of “uh”

No comments: